The majority of this info is taken from HERE, but I’ve covered the basics and included a couple of video tutorials. You initially start off with about 1000 blocks to protect. This will grow the longer you are in game, allowing you to protect more works.
Short version: Equip a Golden Shovel for the basics. Always carry a String with you to examine land.
- When you get a golden shovel, you can claim more land by using the shovel (right click) at opposite corners of the area to be claimed. Use /abandonclaim to delete a claim you own, or/abandonallclaims to delete all your claims at once.
- The simple claim sharing command is /trust, which gives another player build access to your claim./accesstrust grants access to ONLY buttons and switches, while /containertrust permits a player to access your claim and additionally open your containers (chests, etc) and use your crafting equipment. Use /untrust to revoke any granted permissions.
- You can permit another player to share his permission level with others by using /permissiontrust. That player can’t resize or delete your claim or use /permissiontrust on your behalf, but you should use this command sparingly because you may soon find that many strangers can access your claim. To clear away all permissions for all players in your claim, use /untrust all.
- When you log out, you’ll be credited additional claim blocks based on the amount of time you were playing on the server. You can spend those blocks when you log back in. To “expand” an existing claim, just use your shovel at the corner you want to move, then use your shovel again at the new location for that corner.
- For you advanced users out there, claims may be subdivided so that you may manage permissions for different areas of your claim (think workshops, fields, and residential plots) separately. To get started, use /subdivideclaims. You may resize subdivisions just like you resize your top level claim, and can delete a subdivision by standing inside it and using /abandonclaim. To “evict” a tenant and all the friends he may have shared permissions with, use /untrust all.
- It’s possible to convert your block protection points into money, using /sellclaim. Use /buyclaim to repurchase more protection points.
- Check your balance using /bal or /money, and make payments to players by /pay.
Any other questions, tweet @treesquid3 or email email@example.com.
Last Updated March 7, 2012.